BOOKINGS, ATTENDANCE & PAYMENT
- A minimum of two people are required for a class to proceed. You will be contacted via text, phone or email should a class be cancelled. Please be aware classes are on a first come first serve basis. To avoid disappointment, classes can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance.
- If you have not booked into a class, in order to avoid disappointment, please call to check that the classes are taking place, particularly in the early morning and late evening. Gym phones are answered during business hours only.
- Bookings are made online or via the Morakot app.
- Payment must be made upon booking, no exceptions. To book into a class you must either have pre-purchased classes in your account or pay at the time of booking.
- Out of consideration for the trainer, other clients, and also for your own safety, the warm-up is an important aspect of each class. Please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, the trainer may not let you train at their discretion.
- Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for safety reasons at their discretion. Owners and/or Trainers reserve the right to turn clients away if they do not have the correct medical clearance.
- Classes are not transferable to another individual and cannot under any circumstances be used by another person. If someone other than the person booked into the class arrives to use the class, they will be turned away from the class – or asked to create an account and purchase their own classes.
- Auto-pay allows clients to have certain class packs automatically renewed (Auto-Pay).
- Auto-pay feature is available for Kids Basic, Unlimited and Adults Basic and Unlimited Memberships.
- Auto-pays are billed on a fortnightly recurring basis.
- Clients can enable the auto-pay feature by:
- Registering an account at www.morakot.com.au;
- Selecting your Membership type;
- Selecting the auto-pay option;
- Inserting your credit card details and making payment.
- Payment for the Membership will be automatically deducted from your nominated credit card or debit account on the earlier of:
- The date of purchase; and
- The recurring of the Auto-pay; and
- If payment with your nominated credit card or debit account defaults, your Auto-Pay will be suspended and a $5 missed payment fee will be charged to your account automatically.
- Auto-Pay payments are non-refundable.
- Memberships are not transferable between gyms or individuals.
- Auto-pays cannot be extended unless you are injured, in which case we will request a medical certificate. Extensions due to medical reasons must be requested before the expiry date and can be given at the gyms sole discretion.
- Auto-Pay can be cancelled with by giving 14 days notice:
- To cancel an auto-pay you may contact your gym location by phone or email and request your cancellation.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted no less than 14 days before my forthcoming scheduled non-refundable renewal payment. A non-refundable renewal payment will be processed if the cancellation request is submitted less than 14 days before the renewal date.
- If you decide to renew at a later date, you will be subject to Auto-pay Membership rates at that time.
- Auto-Pay can be held/suspended by giving 10 days notice:
- To request hold/suspension contact your gym location by phone or email and request your hold/suspension.
- A minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 8 weeks within a 12 month period is permitted, anything more will be considered a cancellation which will be carried out accordingly.
- Hold/suspension requests must be submitted no less than 10 days before my forthcoming scheduled non-refundable renewal payment. A non-refundable renewal payment will be processed if the suspension request is submitted less than 10 days before the renewal date.
- Auto-pay will resume automatically upon expiration of the hold period.
- A fee of $6.00 per week applies to suspend your membership Auto-pay clients will have their suspension fees charged to their account. Membership suspension fees do not contribute to the total minimum membership fee.
- Morakot Muaythai Gym means Morakot Muaythai Gym Pty Ltd and any Morakot gym.
- Member means any person who is a member of Morakot Muaythai Gym or who accesses or views our website.
- Gym means the Morakot Muaythai Gym at which the Member has requested to be on the wait list.
- If a selected class at a Gym is full, Members can request to be added to a wait list, either online or via the Morakot app
- If a place in the selected class becomes available, Members will be notified:
- By SMS to the Member’s mobile, if they have a valid number listed on their account; or
- By email.
- Members must confirm attendance at the Gym by selecting the link provided in the SMS or email within 2 hours from receipt.
- Members who fail to confirm will forfeit their place on the wait list.
- Members who confirm will receive a further notification confirming their place. If no notification is received, Members should contact the Gym to confirm that their place has been validly redeemed.
- At Morakot our class sizes are small and can fill quickly. All clients must adhere to our Cancellation Policy:
- Group classes: Cancellations need to be made more than 12 hours prior to your class beginning (morning or evenings).
- Private classes: Cancellations need to be made 24 hours prior to your class beginning.
- We understand sometimes unforeseeable circumstances can arise, but we have to be strict, fair and consistent with all clients across all gyms, therefore, no exceptions will be made.
- Trainers and classes are subject to change without notice. Morakot Muaythai Gym reserves the right to cancel classes if necessary.
- If you do not cancel or reschedule your class outside of the relevant cancellation period or are a no-show/absent from your class you will lose your class.
- Members with “Auto-pay Memberships” will be charged a $10 Late Cancel fee and a $20 No Show fee.
By booking into a Morakot class you agree that:
- Morakot Muaythai Gym is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class;
- Morakot Muaythai Gym does not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen personal property. If you do become the victim of a theft, immediately report it to a Morakot Muaythai Gym staff member who will try and assist you.
- Classes may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death;
- You, your heirs, assigns or legal representatives fully release Morakot Muaythai Gym (and its associated entities, members, employees and contractors) from any claim, loss, damage or expense of any kind including in relation to personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, occurring at a Morakot Muaythai Gym or elsewhere, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- Students are not allowed in the gym without a Morakot Coach Supervising them. Once class has commenced students are under direct supervision of coaches.
- Students must notify coaches if they need to leave the gym floor.
- No Running through the gym unless instructed to do so by a coach.
- Parents and Family members are not allowed in the gym matted area at any time.
- No child is permitted to leave the centre without a parent or guardian
- No Food or Drink in the gym, water bottles are allowed and are a must for students training.
- No Smoking in the grounds of Morakot Muaythai Gym
- Students must wear uniform or appropriate attire to Muaythai classes.
- The facility is a NUT FREE ZONE
- Parents and Students must be familiar with the codes of behaviour on the Muaythai Australia website http://www.muaythaiaustralia.com.au/about/policies/
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Be Respectful, Positive, Encouraging and Have fun!
WHAT TO WEAR TO CLASS
Students have the option of purchasing the Morakot Starter pack, consists of Morakot Muaythai shorts, Morakot white grading singlet, ankle guards, hand wraps and towel. This uniform is preferable however comfortable fitting clothing such as shorts, leggings, t-shirt or singlet are also acceptable. Hair should be tied back neatly. Jewelry is not to be worn. For students wanting to grade to higher rank Muaythai Programs, the Morakot Starter Pack is highly recommended and can be purchased through our pro shop. Morakot is not responsible for valuables brought to the gym.
PHOTO PROTECTION policy
Morakot Muaythai Gym requires that members, wherever possible, obtain Parents or Guardians consent before taking an image of a child that is not their own and ensure the parent knows the way the image will be used. Morakot Muaythai Gym requires Parent’ consent for their child’s photograph to be used by Morakot Muaythai Gym for display posters, advertising, Morakot Muaythai Gym’s website; Facebook page and Instagram Account. Morakot Muaythai Gym will not use any photos without consent. Privacy is extremely important, the use of camera phones, videos and cameras are not allowed to be used in toilets or changing areas.
PARENT VIEWING policy
Children’s parents are welcome to stay and watch from the parent viewing area or can leave and return prior to the end of class. Parents with children in the Advanced/Fighter Muaythai Program are welcome to stay and watch however we recommend not staying on a regular basis to watch for these reasons:
- Children get distracted by parents watching them and can lose concentration
- The distraction can lead to students being in danger whilst training
- Children feel a need to perform in front of their parents
- Parents will not see an immediate improvement by watching their child all the time
Parents will see greater improvement in watching training every now and again. We recommend that Advanced/Fighter Parents are expected to drop students off and leave once the class has commenced and return to pick them up. Parents may stay for the first 10 minutes of class and arrive for the last 10 minutes of class. This is for the above reasons.
Students are constantly assessed during their class; once per quarter a head coach/coordinator will assess students to make sure students are in the most suitable program by completing a grading assessment based on the Morakot Muaythai syllabus. Once a student has met minimum requirements for the respective grading level they are eligible for grading assessment, students must undertake a grading assessment and pass before awarded to the next level. Students or parents of children may ask to be assessed for a more advanced program at any stage, but the final decision will be made by a Morakot Muaythai head coach. Morakot Muaythai Gym encourages each student to develop at their own pace, whilst being supported and guided by their expert coaches. Additional fees may need to be applied when changing programs.
AGE LIMITS AND CHILD POLICY
You must be at least 13 years of age to attend adult classes. If you are under 18, you may register and use the Website and App only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Morakot does not accept the online registration of minors; please do not attempt to register on the Website or App if you are under the age of 18. Registration of a minor must be completed in person at one of our gyms with a parent or guardian. Minors who have submitted a Waiver Form signed by a parent or guardian may sign up for Morakot Muaythai classes online or via the Morakot App. Please refer to the Morakot Child Safe and Child-friendly policy.
No animals are allowed inside the gym at any time. Morakot Muaythai Gym has the right to ask you to leave if you have brought an animal in the gym.
If you have contracted a communicable disease, please ensure you have clearance in writing from your doctor before attending your next class. This is for the safety and well-being of all our clients, staff and customers.
LOST & FOUND
Morakot Muaythai Gym is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen items in the reception, waiting area or gym. Please email the gym location directly if you have lost an item.